Sunday, September 21, 2008

Watch hunting.. Part 2.

There's a sudden twist in my hunt for a watch after my current Tissot went to the watch hospital for the 3rd time in just slightly more than a year. Mind you, I bought 1 of the more expensive Tissot quatz model and its giving me all these trouble. Urgh!


Well, Daddy know that I'm on the lookout for a watch so he gave me his old Rolex since he doesn't want it anymore. I love Daddy! :) :) :) But the problem is, there's loads of scratches and he ask me to bring it to Tong centre to overhaul it, which I have went to Hourglass to ask for the cost of overhauling it..

Just around $1000.

Urghs. I need to change the glass as its scratched(My daddy was an engineer when he bought the watch), and he didn't bother to repair it.

Well, he asked me to sell it and maybe get another Rolex or something that I want... So I'm hunting for a watch again.. Which lead to this ponder.. Should I keep the watch? and buy a cheaper model like an Oris.. Or just hoot a sports model from rolex?

Topping up a few more K for the watch could be quite tough for me at this stage of my life which I'm not working.. but deep down I know I want a Rolex! Nono.. I NEED A ROLEX!

Maybe I'll just go for the Oris that I saw at Emotus today.. but at $1.6k... Could it be too much to pay for a watch with no value?


Note: This is a Daydate model and is not the one I can afford at the moment, I'm currently looking at explorer 2 or submariner. Picture from Rolex Website.