National School Sports Meet... Something I was looking forward to in the past. Its the finishing point of a year's effort. A year of pain & suffering, beating personal best after personal best. A day when the slightest mistake, from eating at the wrong hour, drinking the wrong amount of water, going to the loo at the wrong timing, would result in qualifying, or packing early to go home.
Sadly, injury took over for me in my final year and I wasn't in the squad.. Today I see loads of atheletics from all over Singapore's school in Cck stadium(not sure when they started having sports meet in cck, it used to be in the national stadium). Looking at the usual powerhouse from ACS(I), HC, Victorians & now the Sports School. There was no Fuchun Secondary school on sight. What happen to 1 of the once famous school known for its sports and nth else. The school that won gold for jumpers & sprints, gone were the days.
Anyway, that was not my intention of going to CCK stadium. Frank had a day off so we went over to have a game of badminton. Its my 2nd day with my new racket. I just bought a Yonex Ti-10 racket and I'm in love with it. I would say the hundreds that I spend on it was well spent. :)
If only I could turn back time, and be 13 again... 13 once more..