Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Jesus came to my life in 2002.. Without me knowing until today..

When I was 17, after my O levels, I worked at Siam Kitchen(Causeway point). I remember during my time there, there was this lady who always come to the restaurant to have her dinner alone. She would always come at 6pm and will always sit at the same table and will always order the same dish, black pepper crab. I'm always the one serving her(I have no idea why) and I always remember that her as Ms.Black pepper crab. She's always happy when I serve her, maybe cause I was always cheerful when I work.

Until 1 day, after chinese new year, after eating her black pepper crab, after paying for her meal, she stood up, pass me an ang pow, and told me something about Jesus, I can't remember what she said, she assumed that I'm a Christian because I wore a cross on my neck. She even offer me a generous part of the black pepper crab(but I can't eat cause I'm working nor do I eat crab when I was young). I offered the crab to my colleagues. My manager saw what happened and he(being a greedy black man), told me that I cannot accept the ang pow and must be shared with the crew. I reluctantly agreed. When I opened up the ang pow, I was shock that it contain $400(I think quite a big figure I remembered, it was quite alot as my pay was pathetic). The greed black manager took the money and decided to spilt it amoung the crew. What an asshole he is, no wonder he is still such a small fry till today. I think I've only gotten around $30 from the spilt. However, 2 of the staff find it was unfair to me and they know the money was to me, they returned me the money and told me that the money was meant for me, not to be shared. That touched my heart, money was an issue, but honestly is something that cannot be bought with money.

I resigned from the place because I was still quite pissed with the manager's attitude. The few days before I resigned, the aunt still come over and have her dinner there, and still greets me with a warm smile. I didn't get to say good bye to her nor do I get to a chance to tell her I resigned, I was kinda afraid of her because I was still young. If given the chance again, I would like to thank her for showing me the path to Jesus.. God is good, God loves us.